5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Work fun: No place like a farm in Kansas

WACKY WEB WEEK

Work fun: No place like a farm in Kansas

By Kathleen Atkins
    "We have happy cows in Kansas," says Farmer Derek Klingenberg.
    Maybe so. After you see his Cow Art video, you might believe Klingenberg contributes a measurable boost to elevated bovine mood or at least to the banishment of cow boredom on his section of the Great Plains.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/wacky-web-week/work-fun-no-place-like-a-farm-in-kansas/ (free content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There's an old adage; you don't play with your food. Have to admit this does look funny though. lolol

Lounger
    Thanks
    Now we know what Kansas cow farmers do for entertainment. I grew up in Kansas, but I never worked on a cow farm. After watching this video, I'm very glad that I moved to Denver.

Lounger
    Thanks
    This may be deviating from the thread but it's a compliment to Kathleen Atkins. We need more of this lighter material; however, WS posted it so the topic must be somewhat worthwhile. To my point, isn't it about time to do a major purge on the Lounge postings? I can't believe we've still got questions on old software and old, old problems. Yes, I'm a Kansan and have worked on farms--"Home on the Range." Incidentally, if you haven't heard about the fun of going out at night and "tipping cows," you're out of the loop. Now would someone please tell me how to get my images to appear again in Outlook?
    Last edited by bluebird2; 2015-02-15 at 20:31. Reason: missing word

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Worked on a farm for 44 years; no such thing as tipping cows for real; it was just a way to get a city rube to step in you-know-what. Try it for real and she'll either run away or greet you with the business end of a hoof, or horn if she's got one; they don't grow them just for show and tell.

In Outlook if you have a safety options with a security tab panel somewhere, block images may be checked and/or show images from safe senders may be unchecked or something similar to that.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello bluebird2,
    You probably know that the Outlook forum is the place to pose Outlook questions. The light Wacky Web Week topics appear in the Windows Secrets Columns forum just in case someone wants to make remarks, serious or otherwise, about this friendly little feature of the newsletter.