Thread: Rollback

Thanks

Rollback

Rollback was one of the options on my dual 10/7 boot system. Being the curious type I was exploring boot menu options. I assuuuumed Rollback when clicked would explain itself to me but noooo. I now seem to be back to the W10 version before 9926.
    Just letting you all know..
    I am wondering if I will have to redownload the update or maybe there will be a Rollforward option on next boot.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    One would think that another "Rollback" will get you back to where you started before the rollback that got you to where you are?

Or not. ;-)
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Thanks
    If I try it I'll keep you posted, Just hope it doesn't rollback to before I installed it!
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Wavy, hello.
    Do a clone before your click on RollBack. If it messes up your machine, you can then do your own RollBack, ( a clone back ). HTH. Best wishes. Jean.

Thanks
    If it messes up your machine,

Its a test install so if it gets messed I will just reinstall at this point.

Rollback was not an option offered. I had to hunt again to find the upgrade option, under Recovery IIRR.
    Back the way is was now (I guess). I may get a chance to explore this weekend, my trouble is I have too many new toys

David

Thanks
    Personally, I stay away from the new Rollback or whatever it's being called these days on a test OS....I just simple do a clean install from my bootable USB drive. It's a test OS and as such I just clean install as the Rollback is very time consuming.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Wavy, hello. Your machine, your choice.

You wrote : Its a test install so if it gets messed I will just reinstall at this point.

A reinstall will consume up to three hours of your new toys enjoyment. A clone back takes 18 minutes. I know where my choice would be. Best wishes. Jean.

Thanks
    A reinstall will consume up to three hours of your new toys enjoyment.
    I am pretty sure my install took well under an hour. Fast machine, ssd and usb 3 thumb drive. The important point is hardly any software installed. The Rollback was just a learning experience. When/if I reach the point where I have a significant ttime invested it installs I will have been doing images. Its been awhile I have been w/o my dock but I seem to recall that I have an image.

And W10 may have to wait a while, I am still playing catchup w/7 and now W8: I just bought a cool used Asus Transfomer w/ i3, touch screen and W8. Let the learning curve begin!

And of course will image that first thing, then destroy it

David