Thread: Outlook Inbox

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Inbox

When I open Internet Explorer 11 in Win 7 Pro 64 bit it shows a total of over 12,000 emails in my inbox, but I can only view 30 or so. Why is this?

Also, is it possible to copy emails from the Outlook inbox to a folder in Windows Live Mail, and if so how?

The reason I am asking is that I normally use WLM as my default email program, and in one particularly important Storage Folder there are 51 emails, none of which will open. (WLM just says a problem has occurred, please try again). I looked in C:\Users\Roy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Storage Folders, and then opened the folder concerned but it was empty, as was the same folder in my Macrium Reflect backup.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    If you are viewing your email @ Outlook.com there should be a page widget at the bottom of the list of emails which enables you to navigate where you wish. All those emails should have been downloaded to your PC via WLM.

Joe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe, thanks but there is no page widget at the bottom of the list of emails. All the 51 emails I referred to would have been downloaded to my PC via WLM, as you say, but I can't open them in WLM, so is it possible to copy emails from an Outlook folder to a folder in Windows Live Mail, and if so how?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Can you see the emails that won't open? Can you drag them onto (say) your desktop and open them from there? (They'll still open in WLM but in a separate process.) If that doesn't work, the folder might be corrupted.

Outlook Express (and WLM is probably the same) could be troublesome if you used it to store messages long-term. Far better IMHO to drag them into a folder (in Explorer) and zip them up.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    tonyl, I can see the emails in Outlook but cannot copy them or drag them onto my desktop. Do you, or does anyone else, have any other ideas?

Joe, I finally found the page widget you referred to.

Roy Whitethread

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    It dawned on me that apart from backing up the WLM folder I had of course also backed up drive C, and I was able to delete the emails which wouldn't open and replace them by dragging and dropping from the relevant WLM storage folder in the drive C backup. However, there were still things wrong with the WLM folder, for example the storage folder included a subfolder named Imported Folder which contained 2 empty folders, and when I opened WLM there wasn't an Imported Folder.

I then carried out the procedure shown in the attachment, which worked.

Two days before I became aware of the problem WLM ran its "cleaning up unused disk space" routine, and I believe doing that caused the problem. I have now unchecked that option in WLM.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by royw; 2015-02-16 at 03:01.

Roy Whitethread