Star Lounger
    Thanks

PowerPoint 2013: Record inking during slide show

Hi, everyone. At my work, we have Office 2013 Professional Plus installed.

On some computers, I can choose Record Slide Show > Record From beginning, and the dialog box offers to capture Narrations, ink and laser pointer

On other computers, I only get the offer to capture Narrations and Laser Pointer (no ink)

I cannot find anything in the Options that would toggle this feature on and off. I want to be able to capture the live inking (writing on the screen) during narration/recording.

Any ideas?

Not sure why it would matter, but the computers where the Ink option DOES appear are running Windows 8.1; the ones where the inking does NOT appear are running Windows 7. I know this feature was available as far back as PowerPoint 2007, so I have difficulty believing this is an operating system issue.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Posting an answer in case others are looking for this. Finally figured out the correct Google question to come up with an answer...

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...s=en-001&ad=US

Apparently the functionality is linked to an update, which is currently suspended. Some computers have been updated while others have not.
    Last edited by 13ILGal; 2015-02-13 at 23:58.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just for info. the required update (KB2920732) has been withdrawn because it totally killed PowerPoint in the RT version! Since this is obviously a serious problem my guess is it will soon be fixed.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Today, I updated my copy of Office (University) at home (which did NOT have the inking functionality) and now I have it. Not sure why, but I'm happy!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The suspended update (which broke RT versions) has now been fixed and reissued.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnWilson For This Useful Post:

13ILGal (2015-03-29)