2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

wireless keyboard hotkeys not working

On a HP system with Windows 7 SP1, I have a Logitech wireless mouse (M570)and keyboard (K350). They were not bought as a pair but both are "paired" to the current version of the Logitech Setpoint Software. The alpha/numeric keys all work fine. The programmable Hotkeys that control the buttons that open various screens and programs are all set to default and do not work. The volume and mute button do not respond and are not programmable. Those are the most important to me as I use them when receiving phone calls. I have removed and reinstalled Setpoint, un-paired and re-paired the mouse and keyboard, replaced the batteries in the keyboard, rebooted and did virus scan on the PC and asked Logitech for advice. They will respond in 2-3 days, if I am lucky. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    My experience with such devices is that only Bluetooth Wireless requires pairing. The other wireless mice and keyboards either come with their own USB dongles or come as a complete set using one USB dongle. My take on it with a mix is in frequency differences, can cause issues just as earlier wireless mice had problems when 2 or more computers with similar devices were too close together, got interference with each other. Using a different brand of the keyboard from the mouse can help.
    Last edited by Berton; 2015-02-13 at 13:49.