3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

New email client to migrate from Windows Live Mail (WLM) 12

Looking for suggestions for a different email client for an established WLM replacement. New client would need to be able to import a large number of emails and contacts seamlessly. Hopefully this can be done without a 3rd party utility. I have done some research with Pegasus and Thunderbird and cannot find any recent information as to whether these 2 email programs support importing. Read the other recent thread, but that was for a new install of Win 7. Might consider the reversion to Windows Mail and would consider any other email programs that would do the importing without a large amount of hassle.

The current install of WLM is having difficulty forwarding emails with attachments. A large number of people are saying that they are not receiving the attachments.

Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thunderbird can certainly import all your stuff. It's also easy to back up with Mozbackup.

Thanks
    Thunderbird certainly can import messages from WLM's store folder. From memory WLM's store folder is at C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail. You might have to temporarily change your Control Panel\Folder Options\View setting to "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" to access the AppData folder.

It can also import contacts from the C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Contacts folder (where WLM stores it's contacts), but the means to do so is a little obscure. After you click on "Tools\Import" choose just the "Address Books" option then click "Next". In the list of address book types choose "Outlook Express" then click "Next", and the contacts will be imported to an "Outlook Express" list in Thunderbird's "Address Book".

There is also the Import-Export Tools add-on, which adds extra choices to Thunderbird's import/export functionality.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    Have you tried repairing WLM?

1. Go to Control Panel.

2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a Program.

3. Locate Windows Live Essential then click Uninstall/Change.

4. When a window appears, select Repair all Windows Live programs.

5. Restart your computer after the repair.

Or

You can also follow the steps below:

1. In the folder pane, locate C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Installer there is a repair utility.
    2. Run wlarp.exe file.
    3. Click Repair all Windows Live program.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to repair Windows Live program.

reference link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...b-3b1e71a18cc6

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Turns out her version is 11 so I will upgrade it to version 12 and see what happens. If that does not work then Tbird is another option. This was repair installed once already and my 1st plan was to try a reinstall.

Thanks
    As for email clients....I have/used these: although the free versions work fine but they do have there limitations. I purchased both of these as I do really like them. Especially eM Client as it comes the closest to WLM in looks and feel. Now, IncrediMail is a more bells and whistles type with a lot of animation features....if you're in to that.

eM client

Incredimail