New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Successful install of KB3022777?

After carefully reviewing Susan Bradley's Patch Report, I installed some of the many Windows Updates on my Win7 Pro 64 bit Toshiba Satellite. One of the updates was KB3022777. Laptop rebooted and Windows Updates says Yay, all installed successfully including KB3022777. Then it says you have 3 new updates, one of which is KB3022777! What the heck? Anyone have any idea what's going on?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    This is normal as some updates require previous updates to be installed first. Install away.

cheers, Paul

p.s. do you have a backup in case your computer fails? See this thread.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks! I thought it was just Window jerking me around. I've been burned by updates so many times, I put a ridiculous amount of time researching each update, and I thought I was finished - hence the annoyance. I didn't realize that successful could mean partially successful. BTW - yes, I do back-ups of all our computers with Macrium Reflect Premium. As I saw someone on the thread you referenced say - my data is way more valuable than our hardware.

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    That quote was me.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Very interesting - after you responded, I decided to allow Updates to install whatever remained - the darned thing had disappeared and hasn't come up since. So...I whined for no good reason. Appreciate your support. Happy Valentines Day.