Lounger
    Thanks

Tablet name problem

I've just got a tablet running Win 8.1 Obviously the firm that sold it had opened the box and checked it was OK before posting and they had given the tablet a name. When I got it I logged in with my hotmail acccount and used netplwiz to get it to boot straight to desktop without needing to enter a password. Everything worked fine - I should say I have ben using Win 8.1 on a laptop for over a year so I am used to it. I decided to change the name of the tablet to something more in line with my ideas and did so. but when I next turned it on I was told the password was wrong and the sign in screen had changed to another name. I went back to the accounts screen and changed to mine, logged in OK but as long as I left the new name there I had to do this everytime I lbooted up so I changed the name back to the firms name and all worked again. Obviously there is a workround to this but I can't find it. Does anyone out there know how to sort this out? Yes, I know I can just leave the name as it is and that solves it all
    Last edited by norrum; 2015-02-14 at 08:17. Reason: typos

Thanks
    Since it was originally setup with the firms name and it's an open box....I would log in any way you can and backup any data of value to you. Once that is done then I would do a factory re-install and just start from scratch.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bassfisher6522 For This Useful Post:

norrum (2015-02-15)

Thanks
    How did you go about renaming your tablet?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Lounger
    Thanks
    I think that sounds the best bet. I should have done that before setting it up but - you live and learn