3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing labels in Office 365 Home

When trying to print Avery 2181 Filing Labels (Mini-Sheets - only 6 labels on 1/2 of the Mini-Sheet) in Office 365 Home, it keeps telling me there are no labels in the printer.

I know I am probably missing something minor & obvious, but I just can't seem to figure out what it is.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    If you are using the half-sheet instead of the full-sheet of labels you probably have to change the print/page setup in Word to show the different size paper. Have you downloaded then installed the free Avery software for Word?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    If you are using the half-sheet instead of the full-sheet of labels you probably have to change the print/page setup in Word to show the different size paper. Have you downloaded then installed the free Avery software for Word?
    Yes, I did make the change to show the different sized paper.

The half sheet is only 1/2 of the "height" of the full sheet - the "width" does not change.
    So, the printer should still recognize it.

I looked at the Avery Software for Word, but I would rather it if I could just do all of that in Word itself without having to install & use the separate Avery Software.
    I only print 2 different Avery labels on a regular basis & 2 other Avery labels once or twice a year.
    My old Word 2003 in my previous XP Professional Desktop had no problems at all in printing the Avery labels I use.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Because of the greater difficulty in Label printing in Word I just cannot tear myself away from WordPerfect, great for Labels and Envelopes. WP's Label function can also be used for Business Cards with Avery [now Avery Dennison] and compatible sheets.

Avery Wizard for Microsoft® Office

This software provides simple step-by-step instructions to format and print Avery labels, business cards, dividers, name badges and more. Works within Microsoft® Word for Windows, making Word even easier to use. You can easily import lists from Microsoft® Excel® and other database programs for mail merge in minutes, or just type in the addresses you need. Use professionally pre-designed templates to get you started with your design, or choose a blank template to create your own design. Easily add your own graphics or logo to all your Avery projects.
    Last edited by Berton; 2015-02-14 at 19:13.

Thanks
    The Avery software is seldom of any assistance with Word. Did you show the correct number under the label Options?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you use print preview before printing to find out if it's the O 365 or the printer?
    Try word to print the preview and see if you get a full sheet.
    Turn the sheet over and print the other half?
    I would suspect O365 because apparently, otherwise, the printer has no problem?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    Because of the greater difficulty in Label printing in Word I just cannot tear myself away from WordPerfect, great for Labels and Envelopes. WP's Label function can also be used for Business Cards with Avery [now Avery Dennison] and compatible sheets.
    I downloaded some Avery software (www.avery.com/templates) and did not find it at all hard to use. I can put a sheet of labels in my printer and print as many labels as I want and at a later time put the partially used sheet in the printer, start the Avery software, and print on the remaining labels (all or part).

It works in conjunction with Word. I bought some small sheets of labels and used the matching template with no problems.

You may need an updated printer driver.

I personally like WordPerfect MUCH better than Word but the Avery software is so easy to use that I don't mind using Word for this purpose. My version of Word is quite old (Office XP) but it does what I need it to do. I use WP to get any real work done.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    After playing with this for almost forever, I finally figured out that it indeed the printer - a brand new Canon MF6160dw

Although this is a great & very fast printer, it does NOT recognize the settings at all that I make in Word.

I must physically go to the printer and change the paper settings for the "Multi-purpose" tray EVERY time I print either a No. 10 envelope or an Avery label.
    Plus, if it is a label, I must also enter the exact dimensions of the actual label.
    Then, I must reset that tray to the default legal sized paper I keep in that tray.

And there is no way to "save" these "Custom" sizes (as though No. 10 envelopes and Avery labels are not "Standard") - so I have to do this over and over and over and over again every time I print either an envelope or an Avery label.

The 12 year old printer that this printer replaced did that flawlessly - even in Word 2003.

I called & E-Mailed Canon & tore them a new one questioning why in this technological age they would even manufacture such a printer.

If you are interested & have nothing better to do, you can go to Amazon & read my 3-31-15 Review on the Canon MF6160dw All-In-One Laser

I first put that review on the Canon website since I purchased my printer directly from Canon and Guess What - They rejected my review. They only have 3 reviews on their website and they are all very positive. Now, I know why.
    Last edited by StevenXXXX; 2015-03-31 at 17:59.