New Lounger
    Thanks

Strange Windows Live Mail problem

Hi folks:I had been reading a 2013 post about pictures not sending in Windows Live Mail . Is there any correction to this problem yet ?
    A very strange scenario or variation to this sending pictures in Windows Live Mail . I am puzzled over the following : I sent the same pictures as attachment and also added in the email message - at the same time to 3 friends - now I am using Win 7/64 bit : one person with Win 7 gets every thing . The 2nd person with Win 8 gets every thing - pictures as attachment and shown in the email . Now the third person with Windows 8 only gets the typed email message --> but no attachments and no pictures in the email on his Windows 8 laptop .
    Now I know I am sending out the pictures from my end - the 3 person test shows that . And to make things even stranger he got today on his new I phone the message and the picture I had been trying to send for the last 6 months ... but still not on his Win 8 laptop !! At this point I am assuming the problem may be at his end ????
    Nice he gets the picture on his I phone but cannot work on them there . Yet he gets on his Win 8 Laptop email pictures from every body else ??
    I do not know how Win 8 works -- almost appears - not accepting pictures from one individual only ( me) ... is that possible ?
    Help much appreciated .

Regards Douglas
    Last edited by Douglas 5; 2015-02-16 at 13:44.

Thanks
    Is the person in question receiving his mail from an installed client, or by a web based email service?
    Does the person in question see "place holders" for images?
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi :
    Do not know what his setup is .
    Place holders for pictures yes ... that he mentioned .

Douglas

Thanks
    Settings on his end are blocking images from you somehow.
    Difficult to say for certain without more info from him.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    So you need to know how he is getting his email . Any thing else ?

Douglas

Thanks
    What's the picture format you're sending, and is he receiving the same from others? (jpeg, bmp etc.)
    DRIVE IMAGING

Latest Build:

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have seen the same thing from WLM 11 and 12. Could not see any picture with Yahoo mail. Had person send me original email to Comcast web mail and all worked well. Forwarded working email to my Yahoo and Gmail addresses and could not see the pictures. Pictures in this case appeared to be embedded and not attached, but saw the same thing from a email with pictures attached as jpegs. This was sent from WLM 11 as a forward. Pictures were not visible. Upgraded WLM to version 12 and resent the original to my Yahoo email and was able to view the photos. Something really strange going on with web email possibly due to forwarding. Not enough time to test all of this stuff.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Pictures are often blocked in email programs for security reasons. Usually there is a button to click to view images or show remote content in whatever he is using to read emails.