5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to RadioShack, I purchased me a Logitech Harmony 650 remote control.

Got tired of juggling 2 remote controls (for Cablebox and Roku). The Harmony 650 is a breeze to set up. Just plug in the USB cable (supplied) and download the program from Logitech's site. Then, run and commence to adding devices. I've not played with the features that allow you to sync up multiple commands for instance, but still, it's pretty cool. It even gave me back my TV remote (which died) allowing me to change video channels so I don't have to do this manually at the TV anymore. It also works with my Durabrand amplifier (it's remote also died on me) so I don't have to manually adjust it either. Pretty happy with the remote. I saved around $20 but I'm sure I probably still could have gotten it cheaper then $62 (after tax) from Amazon, but then again, I got instant satisfaction. Still sorry that the Shack won't be here for long, but there's a lot of cool stuff on sale where I live (for now).

Edit:

Just checked Amazon's website and the device goes for $56 there which is what I paid for my remote sans sales tax. I suppose being a prime member, I could have gotten free delivery so would have saved around $6 but not having to wait is a good thing. lol

Last edited by lylejk; 2015-02-16 at 20:53.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    uh huh

i have a dozen of those all in one for every device type remotes
    none of them works right

all of them can do some things
    none of them replaces the separate remotes

glad to hear that yours at least works on the things you needed

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The only thing mine cannot do is the bluetooth stuff that my Roku controller can of course. It still controls my Roku even better then the controller that Roku3 came with (i.e, I can not just click a button and it will go straight to Amazon Prime for instance). I now don't have to go through the clunky U-Verse interface for my favorites anymore; just go to the channel directly; created icons for each of the 12 channels that I often watch (really only 3 but do watch the others often enough to justify the icons for them; lol). Even like some of the macro features built in (like turning off all my devices with a push of a button) but I've not tried to create custom macros yet with it (probably won't either). I'm just happy that I can change the HDMI switch on my Samsung with a push of a soft (software) key now. May could have gotten most of what I wanted with a $25 remote, and, I'm sure I'll be changing batteries often with this device (lol), but still, this is a pretty darn cool controller. I like the color display for my channels too by the way; I know it's eye candy, but what the hay, I like eye candy. lol

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well; finally figured out how to use activities. I only have two: TV and Roku. When I press Roku, it automatically switches my amplifier to Roku (use the Roku controller Blue tooth for sound; it does eat up batteries though. lol) and switches volume control to the amplifier. When I press TV activity, it switches the amplifier to the Cable receiver input and transfers volume control to the receiver. Each also changes the HDMI input for there respective channel. I'm completely impressed with this controller. Now I'm really going to get fat. lololol

Edit:

Yes; one day I'm going to get a speaker bar for my Samsung; right now I'm just too darn cheap and the over 5 year old amplifer has served me well.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I used to have one of these - not sure if you can still get them. I believe they were branded Radio Shack in the US.

It's a touch screen, and if you press (say) the DVD button, only the DVD controls light up. It even had a timer, so if I went away for a few days, it could turn the telly on and off.

Then I moved house and lost it...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Didn't see a RadioShack specific controller Tony; not sure if this one has a timer feature or not; need to delve into that more possibly.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, guess what? I don't have to use my Roku controller for my amplifier anymore; no longer need my cable receiver output either. RadioShack had 3 digital/optical to RCA output amplifiers (should have bought two of them) for just over $4 a piece. It works fantastic. Had to yet again re-program the Logitech remote but that's no big deal. Works like a charm and now just my amplifier controls volume. Tomorrow, my RadioShack store permanently closes. Very saddened I am, but I got a heck of a lot of deals recently; my brother (out of town) came and purchased a heck of a lot more then myself. lol