Thread: Domain sign-in

New Lounger
    Thanks

Domain sign-in

Hi,

I am working on a domain, which has the top domain example: ad.xyz.com and when users are coming to login it is showing AD/user. How can I change it so people wil get XYZ.com\user by default?

Thanks.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    It always says AD/user as it uses the easy name that has been specified, plus it default to the domain the client is on. If you want to log onto another domain the users can either select the domain from the domain drop down or type domain/user in the user name box. Domain can be in the form ad.xyz.com or AD.

If you are asking how to log onto the parent domain, I suspect you can't. The AD bit is the Active Directory section of a public space xyz.com.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply.

So you are saying that if the domain name is named ad.xyz.com it does it give you the default option to login to ad.xyz.com\user, but you have to keep changing it manually? This is because by default Windows is only putting AD\user, and leaving the .xyz.com out, which turns out to be quite frustrating to change it all the time to log in.

Thanks

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You don't have to change the domain if it's the one that your machine is joined to. You only change the domain if you want to log onto another one.
    AD\user is the same as ad.xyz.com\user because domains have short names for ease of use.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok thanks for your help.