2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

File History setup.

Hi to all,
    I have been trying to set up File History on my Dell Windows 8.1 64 bit computer. When I go into Control Panel>File History and try to set it up I get a notice: “File History does not recognize this drive’' “Select another drive”. The drive I am trying to connect to is an External “L” drive with 1.28 TB free and 2.72 TB total space. I can open up the other files on the drive without any problem but File History will not connect.
    I have tried several times to go into Control Panel>File History>Select Drive and highlight the drive and clicking on OK. I get a “Do you want to move your existing files, too?” that I accept but another warning pops up: “Your current File History drive is disconnected.” “Reconnect the drive and try again”. As stated above I can access all other files on this drive so I know it is connected and working properly but I cannot figure out a way to place my File History folder there.
    I also get a notice that the program is saving files but have no idea where. I have checked the "L" drive but can find nothing there. See attachment.
    Can someone let me know what I am obviously doing wrong and how to correct the problem. Thank you.
    Respectfully, GG

Attached Images Attached Images

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had the same problem with a MyBook drive. It wouldn't select the drive. I just selected the drive and said no to moving existing files and all worked well. Would not work if I told it to move the files.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to caveman144 For This Useful Post:

Graphics Guy (2015-02-18)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Caveman144,
    Thank you for your speedy reply.
    Tried your suggestion and it appears to be working. I figured that any existing files would also have to be moved.
    Thanks again. Respectfully, GG