5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Build 9926 and the importance of Win10 feedback

WINDOWS 10

Build 9926 and the importance of Win10 feedback

By Susan Bradley

Over the years, Microsoft has taken very different approaches to beta testing of software.
    Gone for the most part are closed and cumbersome debugging processes; we can now vote for what we want in the next OS.

The full text of this column is posted at http://windowssecrets.com/windows-10...in10-feedback/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by Kathleen Atkins; 2015-02-18 at 19:50.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Susan,
    I put in many feedbacks' on the first and 2nd Windows 10 (9926). Overall it is a better package. I systematically installed one item after the other. The windows store is awful and full of buggy apps. However I guess after some patch came down none of my GUI buttons would work anymore. I tried restoring from a recent backup and it wouldn't work. In fact nothing would work. I rebooted several times...tried safe mode and eventually in disgust just removed it and re-installed my latest working image of Windows 7. I spoke to several friends and they had similar experiences. The worst part is I couldn't send in any feedback about the problem.
    Bob

Ken Kashmarek
    For Win10TP, you can't post feedback to Microsoft unless you use a Microsoft account and sign up for the Win10TP and/or developers arrangement. Microsoft wants to know who you are. I would guess from their standpoint, you are nothing otherwise.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Kashmarek View Post
    For Win10TP, you can't post feedback to Microsoft unless you use a Microsoft account and sign up for the Win10TP and/or developers arrangement. Microsoft wants to know who you are. I would guess from their standpoint, you are nothing otherwise.
    I suspect Microsoft doesn't give a darn who you are as long as you buy from its Store.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Kashmarek View Post
    You can't post feedback without a Microsoft Account because the Feedback app is a Universal App and you need a Microsoft Account for all Universal Apps including the Store. I'm not sure what the big deal is. Apple requires an Apple Account, Google requires a Google account.

Jerry