New Lounger
    Thanks

Invalid Target for Shortcut - Internet Properties Invalid

Greetings,

I am getting this error using the shortcut that was created after a successfull program installation. The exact problem is documented by Microsoft as follows:
    "The target of this internet shortcut is invalid" However, this is only discussed in IE7 and not in Windows 8 IE 11. In the older situation, it talks about the Web tab missing from the shortcut. However, this tab doesnt seem to be used in Win 8.1 at all so the missing aspect doesnt apply. In my case, the actual shortcut is pointing to a xxx.url file on my C; drive. I have tried several other fixes as found online like registry edits and also changing default programs for .url back and forth between Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

Nothing seems to correct the issue. I find the problem still being reported by no resolutions that work.

Has anyone been able to fix this one ?

Thanks very much !
    Error message when you open an Internet shortcut file on a computer that has Internet Explorer 7 installed: "Problem with Shortcut The target '' of this Internet Shortcut is not valid"

Error message when you open an Internet shortcut file on a computer that has Internet Explorer 7 installed: "Problem with Shortcut The target '' of this Internet Shortcut is not valid"

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    What is the URL in the shortcut?
    If you take that URL and enter it in the Start > Run box, does it work?
    Can you use a "normal" URL in the Run box? e.g. Start > Run, http://www.windowssecrets.com

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey Paul,

SOrry for delay. So this is an application that installs and eventually opens a web page. There is a .URL file in the directory 2015-02-27_12-30-36.jpg2015-02-27_12-30-59.jpg I attached screen shots of the caller program that is in the Start menu as well as the properties of the .URL that is the target.

Thanks very much !

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    That's a standard URL and it works on my machine - doesn't connect of course.
    Have you tried entering the URL in Start > Run?

cheers, Paul