Banned Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up Windows 10 spells more than OS

There's a wee story coming...

I have been a Microsoft Partner and an IT Pro working on computer issues for people for quite a while (will come back to this). Have, also, attended many MS seminars and conferences. We often voiced concerns & complaints regarding that Tech Support experience, if & when it was needed whilst on-site. Hold that thought...

This is the 4th OS I have beta tested for Microsoft. Beta means unsupported. Hold that thought.

There is an effort to convey the idea that the Windows 10 Platform is more, means more, than just an OS. Many reckon that relates to technologies, One Core-Many Devices & all that. There, also, has been an effort to say that , ALSO, part of the equation is a "Changing Microsoft". Some examples: '1-Touch upgrades of beta Builds, free in-place upgrade to GA, updates to the Platform into the future not, new OSs and a different complexion to Support & Customer Relations.

I read all the negative, borderline nasty comments in Tech Forums towards & about MS. And many who don't (or won't) see change in Microsoft...

Now, the wee story:

Even as a MS Partner getting Tech Support, in the past, has often been challenging, frustrating and depending on this or that, may have a fee. I wanted to talk w/ MS Tech Support regarding some queries from people in IT Forums and some questions & issues of my own. I discussed this w/ a MS colleague @ a recent Cloud seminar. For some reasons we anticipated there might be a fee for the call. He kindly gave me a voucher to cover that possibility.

Anyone who thinks MS has not had a revelation and that a change of behavior & attitude into the future has not, ALSO, come along w/ the Windows 10 Platform is in denial...

I rang the number...

1. Hold times no longer insanity!
    2. No jungle of options to wade through (phone buttons to push)
    3. People answering w/ whom language is not a problem
    4. Phone connections that are not terrible.
    5. Did not need to use the voucher because it was a "No Charge" call, anyway. What? Since when? Not what we expected.
    6. Spoke w/ a Windows 10 Support Tech w/ "The Windows 10 Department". What? Since when? On an 'UNSupported' BETA OS? Where did I call??? Is this MS Tech Support?? Am I, still, on Earth? Did you just say Windows 10 Help Desk for an unreleased OS?
    7. He's going to take a couple of concerns higher up & PHONE me back about them. This is previously unheard of and it was HIS offer!

Have been trying to express for about 6+ months there is more worthwhile change coming to the future from Microsoft than just an OS. The positive differences from the past that accompany the Windows 10 Platform are huge. It all may touch different Users in different ways, to differing degrees, some soon, some later. The perks & benefits will be noticed and appreciated, all in good & due time, maybe overdue time but, better now than never.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 41872
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-02-26 at 05:10.

Thanks
    Thank you, that is encouraging. However based on one voucher and one phone call, I hope not premature.

Just call me skeptical.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Russ,

I only relate the 'story' to help support what I am seeing but, it is based on far more than the one incident. Through various conferences, seminars & various other interactions w/ Microsoft it has been becoming clear for quite a while that the mindset @ Microsoft has changed (for the better). Honestly, in my opinion, it had to change.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 41888

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the heads-up, Drew. Iíve always been a big Windows fan and supporter and have been saddened to see them get so mired down by Windows8.

I guess the penny has finally dropped that even Goliath fell to a nimbler opponent and they really do have to make sure Windows10 works first time out.

Letís keep our fingers crossed, for us and them.

Cheers, Chris
    Remember rule #1: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Industrial electrical engineer, running a system building/repair business in Cornwall UK, for the last 15 years.

Built my first computer in 1978 - in the days when you had to hand-solder in all the components
    and 16k RAM was considered extravagant!