Lounger
    Thanks

IMPOSSIBLE to CREATE A REPAIR DISC ON WIN 7

Hi , I got the following problem ( discovery!!!) ; I just attempted to create a repair disc following the usaual procedure from Control panel \Backup and restore .........
    Then I got a permanent error message :

It's in French unfortunately ( I am French ) :
    "Nom de l’application défaillante recdisc.exe , version : 6.1.7601.17514 , horodatage : 0x4ce7990e
    Nom du module défaillant : ole32.dll , version : 6.1.7601.17514 , horodatage : 0x4ce7c92c
    Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
    Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000001247b
    ID du processus défaillant : 0x2774
    Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0xrecdisc.exe 0
    Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : recdisc.exe 1
    Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: recdisc.exe 2
    ID de rapport : recdisc.exe 3 "

Can somebody help me here ? such a repair disc is not of absolute necessity for me because I have various imaging sofware but I would like understanding the cause of that error and if that's serious enough to force me reinstalling Windows ?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Seems you are not alone.
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...em-Repair-Disk

cheers, Paul

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Paul , But with the reference you gave nicely , there is no apparent solution , even for NEW PC's ; apparently there might be a problém coming from other backup software ........ Anyhow I just observed that this tool may be useless for me ; I have the original CD of Windows 7 which allows to "repair" an installation exactly like the disc I wanted to create but this is worth nothing ; I never did a an image using Windows imaging ; so, forget about it
    Thanks for the replys anyway

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    A Code 5 is Access Denied.

See if this article to reset the Permissions will help and then retry the Repair disk creation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...ns-to-default/

Thanks
    This seems to be a common problem. Microsoft suggests that it is probably caused by OEMs adding additional functions to Windows utilities.
    Run the system file checker to check for corrupt system files (open a Command Prompt Window in Administrator Mode and type sfc /scannow).
    Open a Command Prompt window and type recdisc.exe. If that doesn't work, you can download a recovery disk from here.

https://neosmart.net/blog/windows-recovery-discs/

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to all who posted a possible answer ; I read all and every post including the references but just to be able to have a repair disc , whose functionnalities are poor if ypu do not use imaging through windows , that's not worth it for me : I have to add that while I can make restore points without problem, restoring the PC to an earlier date never works ; the process of restauration starts normally , ends up normally with a reboot and ........... suprise ! when I open my session I ma told that the restauration process failed ; this surely belongs to another thread so I will not elaborate here ; but that's a real mess . Thanks to all ; with the original CD of Windows I get excactly the same features than with a repair disc , so ...... If Imaging through windows is not used and restore process does not work, really , a repair disc is useless

Thanks
    System Restore failing to complete is often caused by your antivirus program preventing Windows from rewriting the files. Have you tried it in Safe Mode where the AV program wont be running?

Lounger
    Thanks
    I would like to understand what you mean ? Do I have to REBOOT in safe mode after restauration process terminates ? Restoring in safe mode won't change anything : as soon as the restoration process terlinates the reboot is in normal mode and the error message will follow I guess ; So if you could be more precise ..........

Thanks
    Boot in Safe Mode and then run System Restore. Your AV will not be running and therefore it cant block the process.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Calimanco !!! as simple as that ?