Banned Member
    Thanks

Question IT gods & ghosts @ work?

Whilst beta testing Windows 10... how do things that were broken or non-functional, suddenly start doing what they are supposed to W/OUT a new Build or any new Updates?? IT is very cool but, equally mystifying. I have a website I go to daily, once per day to do a crossword puzzle. It has been loading & works fine BUT, it HAS been taking several minutes to load. Today I open it & it fully loads basically instantly. #2... When attempting to open sites from the Favorites Bar, Open in a New Window was NOT working. Open in New Tab was fine. Now, all of a sudden tonight does BOTH w/ no problem or hesitation, @ all! The above is like there never had been an issue. What gives? The IT gods & ghosts @ work or something?

This is not an isolated incident, either. Have had other issues, seemingly, suddenly repaired or behaving properly for no obvious, explicable reason..

Used to have to resize the Taskbar after a reboot. Suddenly, not anymore... ghosts @ work, again.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 41973
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-03-05 at 03:00.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    ..ghosts @ work, again...
    Casper?
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coochin View Post
    Casper?
    Maybe... he into IT these days?

But, seriously... strange phenomenon.

Thanks
    I thought that Win 10 auto updated - have you had any updates that might have fixed things? I haven't got round to increasing the disk size, or Hyper V so I can't remember the details...

Or is it just a case of "computers, don't you just love them

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    I thought that Win 10 auto updated - have you had any updates that might have fixed things? I haven't got round to increasing the disk size, or Hyper V so I can't remember the details...

Or is it just a case of "computers, don't you just love them
    Think it's the latter. That's why I decided to write this... It does BUT, has been no recent Updates. And, just to confirm, I checked the Update history every time there would be something like this; nothing since 24/2/15. Been more than 1 thing just suddenly fixed itself or suddenly decided to work or work properly. Honestly, in the name of good science, I wish is wasn't so freaky.

Hell, my cousin, who works for MS in Redmond, even, involved on The Build Team for Win10, had the Taskbar do the same thing as I described to him and HE filed a bug report directly to the right people... then, out of the blue, it behaves properly, every time. Same for the other issues. I've been @ this a while & ... I mean it's all very nice but, still...

Yep, "fun w/ computers", indeed!

Gee, maybe, I should enable the 9926 Start menu & see if all I don't like about it has been magically 'fixed', LOL "Dream on, sweet Prince"

Geeez, this Windows 10 is fast. Smart assed thing... "Can't you mouse as fast as I can go? Huh, huh, can ya?

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 41975
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-03-05 at 06:19.

Thanks
    Might I point out that when one "tweaks" beta software with registry hacks and such, one is no longer "beta testing"; the "beta" has been altered.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows