Thread: Anti-virus

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Anti-virus

I am running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium. What free anti virus can I run alongside Malwarebytes without them clashing?
    Thanks
    Dave

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    All should run seemlessly, I've been doing it for years with various free anti-virus programs and never had an issue. You get into problems when you run two anti-virus programs or two firewalls.
    Last edited by James S; 2015-03-05 at 08:21.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks James.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think compatibility problems are more likely to occur with paid for AV programs.

I think it was a couple of years back a MBAM version update conflicted badly with Norton 360 but that was eventually resolved.

MBAM have produced this blog of compatible AVs to run alongside MBAM although it's dated Aug 2013. https://blog.malwarebytes.org/news/2...bility-report/

Thanks
    Amongst my two pay-for AVs, only one runs real time protections, both run weekly staggered scheduled scans; that along with AM scans -- most unwanteds hit the road.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandJS View Post
    Amongst my two pay-for AVs, only one runs real time protections, both run weekly staggered scheduled scans; that along with AM scans -- most unwanteds hit the road.
    You could save yourself some money by just running one paid for AV program and use the free version of MBAM to supplement it.

There's also the one off ESET Free Online Scanner that you can avail yourself of whenever you want a good second opinion - just check the box to auto uninstall it when done.

Click on Advanced - check all boxes except the lower proxy one (optional) and disable your AV immediately before hitting the Scan button.

Thanks
    Because I run "battleship" boots, I have pay-fors because of the extra configurations / settings. I added ESET to the arsenal.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/