New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry ARGH! Windows 8 loses new user network connections when logging into a domain

I hope someone may have seen this before. I have Windows 8 running on a Toshiba Ultrabook at work. It's connected via HDMI to a large 80" monitor in a conference room.

The pc is connected to a network domain. Pretty basic setup.

Whenever a user logs in with their credentials, it fails because there's no network connection. The ONLY way to get it to work is to unplug the network cable at the
    laptop and plug it back in.

However, if *I* log in (as administrator), the network connection always works!

I've moved the cable to another port on the switch, I've checked and made sure that the power savings is turn off in the ethernet adapter and
    nothing seems to help. I've also removed the drivers and reinstalled them. Nothing helps.

I suspect it has something to do with my local admin settings but I'm at a complete loss why this is happening. Needless to say, when we had Win 7 on another
    PC running in the same configuration, this problem didn't exist.

Thanks
    Just straw-grasping - could monitoring&security program[s] be too assertively set for standard users?
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    not that I'm aware of. I didn't set any special security restrictions for user accounts. Group policy doesn't have any restrictions just credential validation and mounting network drives.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    The network connection happens before the user logon screen appears so it should work.
    It may be that as you have logged onto that machine before, your credentials are cached and it lets you on, whereas the users are not cached. Try deleting your profile and logging on.
    Also check if the machine can be pinged before anyone attempts to logon - the connection may fail when login is attempted for some strange reason.
    Have you checked that DHCP is on for everything?

cheers, Paul