New Lounger
    Thanks

Problems logging on to Windows 7 on a Acer D288 Netbook

Hi,

I have a Acer Netbook D288 which I used when I was on the road. After retirement a couple of years ago the net book sat in a drawer and only came out when I wanted to show holiday snaps etc when visiting friends.

My wife decided that she wanted to use the Net book for her purposes so I set it up with her as a standard user and she has been as happy as a chook in the compost heap!

Yesterday she went to log on and she got the following message "User Profile Service service failed the Logon, user profile cannot be loaded" I have tried to find out how to reset her profile and although the Help page suggests various cures we aren't able to get her into her files. Although I am listed as the administrator I can't see into her files so have so far run a System restore back to the last time the computer was backed up ( a week ago) but so far nothing has worked.
    Does anyone have any idea how to reset her user profile so she can get a wedding ceremony out that she's been working on for nearly a week?

Best regards

Thanks
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coochin View Post
    Hi Coochin,

Thank you for directing me to the above site, once there I managed to get the problem sorted.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Rite View Post
    Hi Coochin,

Thank you for directing me to the above site, once there I managed to get the problem sorted.

Thanks again.
    Thanks for letting us know, Wayne.

You can use the "Thread Tools" dropdown near the top to mark this thread as solved.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.