Thanks

Question ASUS AISuiteII v2.01.01

ASUS AISuiteII v2.01.01
    I’ve had the ASUS AISuiteII v2.01.01 since I first installed everything on my new computer in March of 2013 and all has worked well. Seems like all is STILL working well other than the following caveat below.
    MB= P8Z77-V-Pro BIOS v.1805 ( ASUS ), CPU= i7-3770, OS= Win 7 Pro x64 sp1.
    All has been working well until earlier this week when an AI icon showed up on the taskbar at bootup. When I brought up task manager, it showed that AISuite wasn’t responding. So I ran an administrative cmd for Chkdsk /f and rebooted. After chkdsk ran, it booted fine with no AI icon in the taskbar.
    Task Bar AI.JPG AI task mngr.JPG
    This morning it was there at bootup again ( I shutdown my computer every night ) so I rebooted with chkdsk /f again but this time it didn’t change anything, the AI icon was still there. Next I ran sfc /scannow as administrator and it found nothing. Next I googled the problem and found nothing relating to this particular problem. Next I looked in the event logs and the only thing I could find was this ( not to say that I could have missed something ):
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client
    Date: 3/7/2015 6:56:45 AM
    Event ID: 1014
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords:
    User: NETWORK SERVICE
    Computer: p4workstation2
    Description:
    Name resolution for the name dlcdnet.asus.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client" Guid="{1C95126E-7EEA-49A9-A3FE-A378B03DDB4D}" />
    <EventID>1014</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-03-07T14:56:45.006479300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>225813</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="1600" ThreadID="6112" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>p4workstation2</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-20" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="QueryName">dlcdnet.asus.com</Data>
    <Data Name="AddressLength">16</Data>
    <Data Name="Address">02000035416A07C40000000000000000</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>
    Next I went to ASUS support site for this MB and downloaded the zip file for ASUS AISuiteII v2.01.01
    So I guess my question now is, can I just reinstall the file over the old one or do I need to uninstall the old one first and reboot and install the new one.
    Obviously something has changed with the suite, anyone have any suggestions other than reinstallation?
    Thanks for any help.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    According to http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/AI-Su...4-program.aspx it's supposed to add an icon to the Taskbar.

That error is obviously when it was unable to connect to the 'net.

First thing I would try are the restore points, but it may have a Change/Repair option in Programs and Features you could also try by clicking on it.

Thanks
    First thing I would try are the restore points
    Sudo15:
    Actually the restore points are a new mystery for me. As you suggested, I looked at restoring to an earlier time and the first/latest 2 restore points are Windows Update (critical). The latest is 3/05/15 and the other one is 3/01/2015.
    The funny thing is that neither of them are listed in installed updates OR update history and the last time I checked for updates was on 3/01/15 ( as per WU window ) to see if there were any optional updates. WU is set to NEVER check for updates because I do them manually. I just checked and it's still set that way so I'm wondering where those 2 updates came from.
    If I restore, I will need to go back to 2/26/15 where I made a restore point before doing the weather gadget fix in another thread, using the Config.xml file.
    Since the icon isn't hurting anything that I can tell as of yet, I think I'll wait before doing anything for more input.

Thanks
    On rethinking this I probably should restore back to 2/26/15. Since I have 2 unknown updates in restore, maybe I'll find out what they are.
    Thanks for responding to the post Sudo15. I'll post back after trying restore.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I assume you've checked the button for Show more restore points ?

I have my WU settings to check for updates but let me decide if I want to download/install them.

Did you check to see if the program had a Change/Repair option in Programs and Features ?
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2015-03-08 at 06:14.

Thanks
    I assume you've checked the button for Show more restore points ?
    Yes
    Did you check to see if the program had a Change/Repair option in Programs and Features ?
    No

Interestingly enough, when I booted up this morning the icon was gone so I haven't done a system restore or check for Change/Repair.
    Now I'm wondering if it was all tied to that log I found " Name resolution for the name dlcdnet.asus.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. ". It's possible that it is caused by the ASUS website going down randomly. I certainly hope that's all that it is.
    I guess I better leave it alone for now and see what happens.
    Thanks again Sudo15 as I hadn't thought of going to system restore.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I've just tried to do a ping on dlcdnet.asus.com and got a Timed Out, also for its IP address of 92.242.132.16 but that isn't unusual as some sites don't allow you to ping them to prevent a Denial of Service and only the program is allowed to phone home.

Thanks
    My guess is that IP address/url is just for ASUS product check-ins.

Thanks
    I haven't had the problem recently so I guess I'll mark it as solved.