New Lounger
    Thanks

7Zip Password Removal

I use password-protected 7Zip archives for sensitive information. For example, I zip with a password a folder containing multiple files. I have not found any way to remove the password once the data no longer needs to be protected. Is there a way short of essentially creating a new archive with the files extracted from the secure archive?

Thanks
    The only way I know of: unpack 'em in any empty folder. Rezip 'em without password.
    One thing I have is a "template.zip" 'cause before going to 7Zip, I could not find how to create a new zip with the built-in Windows zip. With 7Zip - no problem.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donlboy View Post
    I use password-protected 7Zip archives for sensitive information. For example, I zip with a password a folder containing multiple files. I have not found any way to remove the password once the data no longer needs to be protected. Is there a way short of essentially creating a new archive with the files extracted from the secure archive?
    No.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(