Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Messages Disappear in seconds (2000/SR-1)

Check your "Deleted" box, if there, someting was set up to delete after reading or sent there by a filter. Check all of the other folders to make sure that the emails are not sent there.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

One thing I have seen happen is a combination of having messages automatically marked as read after being previewed in the preview pane and your view settings set to show only unread messages. Message arrives, because it is the selected message it is previewed, after so many seconds Outlook marks the message as being read and the view filter then hides it. Pretty common problem where I work.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Messages Disappear in seconds (2000/SR-1)

I'm using Outlook connected to both our local exchange server and to a remote internet mail account. I can send and receive messages from both fine. However, about 30 seconds after receiving mail in my inbox the message disappears. I have no filters turned on and have a view set to View | Current View | Messages. The header window does not display a message indicating that there are no items to show in this view. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

The messages are not being sent to the deleted folder, nor any other folder. I can see messages in my sent and deleted items folders, but not in the inbox.

I am currently using no filters on my view. If there are multiple messages retrieved from either server, all messages will disappear at the same time regardless if I have "read" them or if they have not been read.

Thanks,

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A few things come to mind off hand:

Check your rules (under Tools Menu | Rules Wizard) and see what processing is going on

Check for a COM Add-In (under Tools | Options, Other Tab, Advanced Option Button, COM Add-In Button) for some utility that is processing things.

Items can seem to disapear if they are moved to a folder with a home page that does not know about the contents of the folder. For example, the Outlook Today folder does not display anything in that folder and the web interface "hides" anything in there.