New Lounger
    Thanks

Recording keyboard macros in Word 2013

Hi all. Hoping someone can help me. I am running Windows 8.1 and Office 2013 Home & Student with a Microsoft Natural Ergo 4000 keyboard. I desperately need to record a bunch of keyboard macros so I can test for some transcription jobs. I have searched online for tutorials and watched several on how to do it, but it won't work. I open "Record Macro", I then name it and designate the Normal/All documents to apply it to. I then assign it to either the keyboard . But when I try to enter the shortcut combination in the box that says PRESS NEW SHORTCUT KEY, I just get a flashing cursor. It won't accept any text at all. It will take me to the page to record the keystrokes, but there is nowhere to enter the shortcut. ANY help appreciated!!! Microsoft support has been absolutely USELESS and I've been online and on the phone for hours.
    thanx !!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been messing around with this and have found that if I include "Alt" at the beginning of my keycode, it works. Is this a new requirement for recording macros? or is there still something wrong? In older versions of word, this was not necessary. And if it that is the way it works now, is there any way to get around it? It's kind of a PITA !!

Thanks
    You are using the wrong tool! Instead of macros you want AutoText and/or AutoCorrect.
    http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...utocorrect.htm
    http://addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin