Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lounger
    Thanks

Error USBdevice(vid-1f3a-PID-efe8)

Hi My printer is not working(Epson XP-412) connected wirelessly but I am also getting a computer error as above and any attempts at googling it seem to just throw up many people try to sell me driver installing software without telling me what it is. It looks like a navidia driver, but I am not sure. Do you think both errors are connected or have I got separate issues Any ideas please

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    There may be something for both in Event Viewer which is where I would check.

Have you tried rebooting the computer to see if the error reappears ?

You could also go into Device Manager/View/Show hidden devices and check for any yellow alerts and have you run any anti malware scans ?
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2015-03-17 at 12:26.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

COLINB (2015-03-17)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    There may be something for both in Event Viewer which is where I would check.

Have you tried rebooting the computer to see if the error reappears ?

You could also go into Device Manager/View/Show hidden devices and check for any yellow alerts and have you run any anti malware scans ?
    I have rebooted without any change. In device manager a yellow exclamation mark is beside USB device and is a USB controller which has a status of 'this device cannot start')code 10 it looks asif it has been on since aug 2010 which is about when I got the computer. cheers

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Good question. Do you use a wifi USB connection? If yes, and you remove it and reboot does the yellow flag go away?

make and model of wifi connection in computer?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fascist Nation For This Useful Post:

COLINB (2015-03-17)

Lounger
    Thanks
    I see which way you are going. as it happens the printer I was having a problem with is wireless, and I have cured that problem by reinstalling the printer from disc. I had a bit of a clearout of programs I hadnt used for a while, including some epson stuff I did not think I needed, but the usb error is still there, but may well be connected to the same thing. I checked the driver of the usb controller and it said it was up to date. thank you

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    When you get a Code 10 on an USB Controller you would normally right click on it and select Uninstall then either reboot or click on Action/Scan for hardware changes where it will reinstall - but I always create a restore point first in case it doesn't.

I once uninstalled my Webcam when doing this which produced a section of Other Devices with a yellow alert next to the Webcam.

I could have used the restore point to reinstate it but went to the computer support site and downloaded a newer driver for it - it's very rare that Windows will have a newer one and invariably you will get the message in Device Manager that the driver is up to date.

When you reinstalled the printer you would have gotten those Epson bits back.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2015-03-17 at 20:25.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Can you post the device ID of the problem USB device?
    Start > Run, msinfo32.
    Components > Problem Devices.

cheers, Paul

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    Can you post the device ID of the problem USB device?
    Start > Run, msinfo32.
    Components > Problem Devices.

cheers, Paul
    Problem Devices USBdevice (VID-1f300-PID-efe8) ID ROOT\USB\0000 Does that help Paul As a Silver Surfer who came into computing late, you are taking me into parts of the computer which I am not familiar, but thank you very much for your interest,patience and diligence. cheers

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    That's a strange device, I can't find either the vendor or device.
    You should see information in the form "VEN_xxxx" and "DEV_xxxx". Can you see anything in that format relating to the problem device?

cheers, Paul

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    That's a strange device, I can't find either the vendor or device.
    You should see information in the form "VEN_xxxx" and "DEV_xxxx". Can you see anything in that format relating to the problem device?

cheers, Paul
    Sorry Paul that is all I can see after doing run misinfo32 etc. below problem devices it says USB and going in there it is listed, but with the same id etc. is there anywhere else I can get the info. cheers

jwoods
    Good set of troubleshooting steps for Code 10 errors, with additional advice for USB Code 10's...

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findby...e-10-error.htm

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

mrjimphelps (2015-03-22),Rick Corbett (2015-03-18)

Thanks
    jwoods - Nice link, thank you.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I read the link and decided to uninstall and reinstall the driver, but the whole thing has gone, so how can I install a new driver. Maybe I should have left it alone. I could do system restore I suppose, but the problem has never caused me any grief, and we dont know what it is anyway, so should i just leave it.

jwoods
    If you are saying there are no USB devices listed in Device Manager, the simplest thing to do is highlight the first icon in Device Manager (the computer name), right-click, and select "Scan for hardware changes".

Otherwise, the latest drivers for your Epson XP-412 can be found here...

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon.../support/12303
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-03-18 at 19:45.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Use your restore point to reinstate it then right click on it - select Properties and under the Details tab use the dropdown to select Hardware Ids.

Right click on the top highlighted one (you usually get additional compatible ones) then copy & paste it into a Google search and see what that comes up with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast