Thanks

Large update for 10041

A fairly large update for the new build is downloading now (I'm on 'Fast'). No idea what it might be, but I'll elaborate once it's finished (that is, if I can actually figure out what it is).
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    The download was at 2% when I started this thread; it's now at 65%. I'm on 4Mbps DSL, and my typical download speeds are very close to that.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    It finished the download just now, I clicked Install, which was almost immediate, no reboot required, but my update history shows nothing. I clicked Check for Updates and got an update for Windows Defender installed. Update history only shows the Windows Defender update.

???

It is a beta, after all.

Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Strange. I haven't seen any updates for build 10041. They did say there would be more bugs onn the fast track releases.

Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    Strange. I haven't seen any updates for build 10041. They did say there would be more bugs onn the fast track releases.

Jerry
    Yeah, me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    No idea what it might be, but I'll elaborate once it's finished (that is, if I can actually figure out what it is).
    I wasn't expecting it, it was just there when I clicked on Settings, already at 2%. The download took over 2 hours, installed almost instantly, then doesn't show up in Update history. Could very well be one of those bugs they mentioned. I haven't noticed any other changes.

Unleash Windows

Thanks
    I've dispatched Feedback on the phantom Update. One thing may be different, and I'm relying on my memory (which at my age is becoming more and more questionable), but after the upgrade last night, when I checked Update history, it listed "No updates", and that was it, as near as I can remember. After the phantom update this morning, I checked Update history and there was another entry under "No updates", and that is "Uninstall latest preview build".

The only other noticeable thing is that this build boots very slowly. It takes a good while for the new logon screen to appear. That's been reported numerous times in Feedback.

Unleash Windows

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Got my update to Build 10041 finished about an hour ago [I had to go out of town just after it started this morning], don't see any issue yet except it did set the screen resolution back to the maximum of 1920x1080, no problem resetting to 1440x900.