Star Lounger
    Thanks

Google listed as not available in IE11

When I open a new tab in IE 11, the new tab opens with Bing. I went to manage add-ons and Google was listed as not available. I right clicked it and there was no option to enable it. I could disable and enable Bing, but not Google. How do I get Google as the search for a new tab?

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks
    Did you deselect Bing before trying to select Google? Have you got a security program that's set to block changes to your search engine?
    If not, remove Google. Click on "find more search providers" and reinstall it. If that doesn't work, remove Bing. It should leave Google as the default search engine.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I disabled Bing first. The right click menu on Google has all options grayed out. Even the option to remove is grayed out. I don't have Kaspersky set to block internet changes. When I try to add Google it says it is already loaded. How can I remove Google and reload it? I looked in control panel/programs but it isn't listed.

Thanks
    Google is removed via one of those greyed out entries, its not in add/remove programs as its not a program. Catch 22. It still looks like a security lockout though and It has just occurred to me that an IE setting can also cause the problem. Go to Tools>Manage Add Ons>Search Providers. At the bottom of the Window, you will see "Prevent programs from suggesting changes to my default search provider" and If its selected, untick it.
    Last edited by Calimanco; 2015-03-20 at 07:18.

Thanks
    Try the download here: http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/Search?q=google

Jerry