5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question for if or when I do decide to upgrade to Windows 10.

Is the process going to be like a pushed updated from Microsoft, or, is the process going to be seamless enough meaning I won't have to worry about UEFI issues? I know for Win7 machines, you won't have to worry about UEFI for most of them, but I doubt it will be like a pushed updated for Win7 (probably have to download a DVD ISO), but I'm hoping it will be so for Win8. Only time will tell how Microsoft's grand scheme will actually work.

Thanks
    To my knowledge those details haven't been nailed down yet, but I would imagine that there will be more than one way to upgrade.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    An article on PCWorld shows the update paths to Windows 10.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info Browni. If it will indeed keep my programs intact and be a simple matter of pressing a button (I have Win8.1), then that would be fantastic. I will, of course, let others be the Guinea pig first. lol

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Lyle,

Allow me to draw an analogy... IF one is running a Beta Win10 Build and WU offers another one, allow it to begin and the switch is completely done w/ everything intact & carried over as per the previously existing OS or version. Maybe, it will come via Store, as 8.1 did, but, that's doubtful (to me). It's likely the same as from one Build to the next. Although, it is reasonable to expect the ISO available be it instead or as well. Again, similar to the scenario w/ the Beta Builds.

There has been a marked change as to how seamlessly migrations can be done now vs to the past.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42221

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    Maybe, it will come via Store, as 8.1 did, but, that's doubtful (to me). It's likely the same as from one Build to the next. Although, it is reasonable to expect the ISO available be it instead or as well. Again, similar to the scenario w/ the Beta Builds.
    The Upgrade Matrix from Microsoft linked in post #3 confirms that the upgrade will be available via Windows Update and ISO.

Bruce