New Lounger
    Thanks

Post Problems with Windows Apps and Updates

I am currently using Windows 8.1, upgraded from 8. Just in the past 2 weeks I have been unable to use my Windows apps. When click on one it seems like it is going to work and then it bounces back to where I began. I tried to go into Store to get a new app but am unable to get in there, also.
    Also, at the same time I noticed that my updates would not download and am still having that problem. Any suggestions, please. I am getting very frustrated as I have had IYogi working on it and even they can't figure it out.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Last edited by BruceR; 2015-03-20 at 23:49.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Why are you unable to go to the store? Does it refuse to take you there, provides an error message, other?
    Have you changed your MS account password / details recently?
    Have you checked for viruses / malware?

cheers, Paul

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

Ellie0817 (2015-03-26)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had major problems after falling for the iYogi scam. (I only got involved with them because their link was the first one when I searched for 'HP Support' and I assumed that HP had outsourced their support as most others have done to India.) Even after I had threatened them into refunding the money I had to spend hours rooting out all the cr*p software and cleaning hundreds of entries from the Registry. And if you have paid them using a credit card I'd get in touch with the bank to see if the payment can be cancelled. So that's where I would start!

David

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    IYogi is controversial due to their selling techniques rather than doubts about support they provide. Probably best to avoid them.

cheers, Paul