Thanks

Capture URLs in browser progress bar?

Does anyone know of a simple utility to capture the URLs that flash by in a browser's progress bar? I've searched around and didn't find one. I did try MS's Network Monitor 3.4 and, though far from simple, it seemed to do everything but that. I would think if the browser can do it, there should be some way to the same thing without too much trouble.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You don't need to capture them, just look at the page source and links will be shown.
    Why do you want to capture them?

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    I am not looking to get the links on the page. I want to get the URLs that are used to get the content to build the page.
    Why? For security purposes. I allow only certain sites certain privileges. This didn't used to be much of a problem when internet speeds were a lot slower. Often you can get what you need from the links in the page, but not always. I have a case now like that, and I can see that other sites are being contacted to get content but they go by too fast and/or are too long to get the characters of the address.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Remote content is accessed via links in the page code. e.g on this site the twitter icon code looks like this.

cheers, Paul
    Code:
    <iframe style="width: 107px; height: 20px;" data-twttr-rendered="true" title="Twitter Tweet Button" class="twitter-share-button twitter-tweet-button twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.493c8c24c1d977b6441c6c398ad48dfb.en.html#_=1427044103892&amp;count=horizontal&amp;dnt=false&amp;id=twitter-widget-0&amp;lang=en&amp;original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwindowssecrets.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%2F167659-Capture-URLs-in-browser-progress-bar&amp;size=m&amp;text=Capture%20URLs%20in%20browser%20progress%20bar%3F&amp;url=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F1C0EMog" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Thanks
    Have you got Ghostery? This tells you what links are used on a page and you can block them if you want/

Thanks
    If you run NoScript set to block all JS it will tell you what is blocked. I don't know if all third prty content is loaded by JS but much of it is.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wavy View Post
    If you run NoScript set to block all JS it will tell you what is blocked. I don't know if all third prty content is loaded by JS but much of it is.
    Running NoScript to block all JS is not a wise decision, considering javascript is beyond most modern sites. On top of that, there are many requests that are not made through Javascript (links, images or other resources).

Browsers include developer tools (usually accessible through F12), that offer several options, including checking every single network request made by the browser. In Chrome, it's under the Network options (it will show all requests made after opening the Network screen). In Firefox, Net tab -> All, will show the same.

IE has similar tools, it's just a matter of looking.
    Rui
    -------
    R4