2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Installing update 10041 fails

Tried to update both my Windows 10 systems today and get different failures.

System 1
    Windows Update
    There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later.
    If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support
    for information, this may help - (0xc1900200).
    There was an additional message that said something to the affect that the "System Reserved" partition could not be accessed or updated.

System 2
    Look like it is installing, reboots at 3% and after logging in I get the message that the update failed and build 9926 was restored, no error information.

Is anyone else getting install failures? I have not had time to troubleshoot these failures yet.

Ron
    Last edited by RonB-TX; 2015-03-23 at 12:58.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am also having a problem similar to your system #-1. I think it is due to failed update from HP, but not sure.
    I keep downloading the updates, but it always fails.

Is there any way to back up my programs and data before resorting to a full iso install..??

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is an update for system #1. I used EaseUS partition manager and gave the "System Reserve" 3x more size. I'm currently 30% into the update. Looks like it may work.
    Update on system #2. It restarted the update on it's own and is now in a constant reboot cycle. I think I will re-image this system and try again.

Ron
    Last edited by RonB-TX; 2015-03-23 at 15:34.

Thanks
    I don't understand MS saying that the only way to upgrade to 10041 is through the MS Update process. ???
    That's crazy! Someone at MS must be off his meds!

The only decent way to install a BETA TEST version of any OS is with a downloaded ISO, burned to a DVD. Then do a clean install using the DVD, and if the install goes south, start over. I looked on the web for the ISO's and they weren't that hard to find.

So far I've installed W-10 TP in both 32 and 64 bit versions on four different computers. No problems!, even on my ten year old desktop.

Good Luck with that update thing!

Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To DrWho, I agree with your view on ISO images, but the ISO for 10041 has not been released yet, so I let the update process run.

Update on system one: Resizing the partition fixed that problem and system one on now 10041.

On system two it got so corrupted that I'm going to re-install 9926 from DVD, then retry the update.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Ron, you are right about the 10041 ISO. 10041 came to those on the Fast track. IF it comes to the Slow track, the ISO will be @ that time. Hard to be sure by the time the Slow track receives a (new) Build it will, still, be 10041 but, that's another matter.

That's cool about Sys #1

As for #2.... Last Thursday (day 10041 arrived) I did an fresh install of Build 9926 from the ISO using a burnt DVD. There had been no previous Windows 10 in this computer. Was being done as a dual boot to its own drive. The other OS, not that it matters, Windows 7. Anyway, 9926 went in smooth as silk in minutes. Once it was live and had grabbed a couple of Updates... 10041 showed & that took care of itself SO nicely.

It'll work, no worries.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42271
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-03-24 at 04:35.