New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Router's Configuration page does not open by default id\password

I have tried all the possible ways for trying to open the Router's Configuration page but it still can't opening..
    i am trying id as admin and pass as admin/password/*blank*/account no. but it cant opening..
    And also i have reset the modem but i will open with admin and password for only 1 min and not logging in again..
    i dont understand why..??
    can anyone suggest me to open the Router's Configuration page.
    I have binatone DT 850w modem and have airtel connection.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    If you are able to access the router for 1 minute after a reset this implies that someone or something is changing the password. Are you attempting to change the password?

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My guess is that your router has a security flaw or two that lets bad guys get into it. Take the router offline, then reset it yet again. Login with the default userid/password, then logout. Wait 20 minutes with router still offline. Try to login again. I expect it will work because its offline.

If it does work after 20, 30 minutes then change the router password to something over 13 characters and change your wifi password too for good luck. Then go online and look for updated firmware.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If you click on Change Admin Password at the top in http://www.routerpwn.com/#binatone it gives you a pop up where you can enter a new password without logging into the router - I think - as you probably have to have one for the bits to work.

While this article is about a year old, it's possible that it still applies, so if this is a new router then I'd seriously consider a RMA and get something else. https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/33455/

I have a router which is default to time out after 3mins so you have time to alter that in Management, but for yours to time out after just one minute sounds a bit extreme so there probably is something else amiss.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2015-06-01 at 04:47.

Thanks
    If you click on Change Admin Password at the top in http://www.routerpwn.com/#binatone it gives you a pop up where you can enter a new password without logging into the router - I think - as you probably have to have one for the bits to work.
    May I ask just what that site actually do??
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think it's a backdoor way of getting into the router to change the password when you have forgotten it to save having to factory reset.

Thanks
    I think it's a backdoor way of getting into the router to change the password when you have forgotten it to save having to factory reset.
    Perhaps I should have asked how does it do this.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wavy View Post
    Perhaps I should have asked how does it do this.
    It would be nice to hear from the OP if this worked, but as for your question, I was Googling to see if it was possible to Telnet into the router and came across that link - but don't know if my Google question and that link are related.

Thanks
    OK
    David