Thanks

A (Somewhat) Minor Gripe

The other day I got assistance from this board in "localizing" my account -- disconnecting it from the Microsoft / Hotmail login. It has been working great.

Problem is, that to use the "Feedback", you have to be logged in through that (same) MS account, and in so connecting, all the files would again be placed under the Microsoft login, effectively undoing what I just finished fixing.

There should be some type of open feedback avenue if the Tech Preview is to be truly accurate I would think.

Just sayin'...

Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    Try getting something from the Store... even something that's free.

Thanks
    Rick, OK, as I walk through the process (I already have a Hotmail address) it says "Your almost done. Your existing account will now be changed to a Microsoft account. All of your files on this PC will remain in place."

Now, does that mean that I will just be logged out of my local account and logged in with that account, so that, when I am done, I can then log out of that account and log back into the Microsoft account (switching however many times, at will) and have files in both accounts? Or will both accounts now share files? Or...?

I read a link last night ( http://www.technorms.com/30853/switc...osoft-accounts ) on how to switch between, although, out of uncertainty I haven't tried it as yet since it was in reference to Windows 8, and not Windows 10 TP... So, I could switch to the MS account, file a problem, and switch back?

Regards,
    Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    Problem is, that to use the "Feedback", you have to be logged in through that (same) MS account, and in so connecting, all the files would again be placed under the Microsoft login, effectively undoing what I just finished fixing.
    Not sure what you are meaning here. To give feedback via the feedback app you need to login to it, files on your PC would be unaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    There should be some type of open feedback avenue if the Tech Preview is to be truly accurate I would think.

Just sayin'...
    There is. It's the Insider program which you can join and participate in the forums.

Thanks
    Chuck - Whilst you can use a local account, you are restricted to what you can achieve. It's now all geared up to you being a known quantity rather than an anonymous user. Yes, in theory you could switch to the MS account, file a problem, and switch back... but you wouldn't be able to use 'Universal Apps' (which require you to be logged in with an MS account to obtain them from the Store).
    Last edited by Rick Corbett; 2015-03-25 at 14:23.

Thanks
    You don't need to be logged on to the PC with a Microsoft account to use Universal apps but you will be prompted to sign in to a Microsoft Account when you use one. When you try to use the Feedback app with a local account, you will get a window that says "Switch to a Microsoft Account" in big letters. Instead, click on the "Sign in to each app separately " link in small letters at the bottom of the page. You can then sign in to a Microsoft Account without changing from a Local Login. If memory serves me, you only have to do this once per app.

Jerry

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

access-mdb (2015-03-25)

Thanks
    Browni, so, I do not have to log in with an MS account login to use the Feedback form? I thought it seemed that I did/do.

No matter, if I can use the Insider forum instead. I can? 'Cause I am already a member there.

Chuck

Thanks
    Jerry, that would work. I'll try that next time.

Thanks,
    Chuck