New Lounger
    Thanks

Changing opening window size for Office 365 applications

Recently changed to Office 36 on new computer running Windows 8.1. In Office 2007, launching an application opened it in the window size that was last used. The apps in 365 always open in the same, small window. I can't find any way to change that opening widow size. Can anyone assist?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    G.S.,

Welcome to the Lounge as a new poster!

The standard trick is to size the window the way you want it then close by Holding Shift (or Ctrl can't remember which) and clicking the X. The next time you open it it should be the same size. That said I just retested (trying both methods) with my Office 2010 Pro on Win 8.1 applications and it doesn't work any longer! I also tested it on Office 2003 Pro running on Win 7 HP SP 1 and it does the same thing. It must be a change in Windows because I know this trick used to work. I haven't played with this for a while as I now use dual monitors and have all my Office apps open full screen on specified monitors. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Office 2013 on a Win 7 computer. If I start Word, resized the windows and quit Word normally then the next time I open Word Word opens to the size that I manually selected the last time I was in Word. I did not have to do anything special.

Another such discussion suggested this:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US

Here is an interesting thread that might work around the problem:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...b-f2cef12f2601