Thanks

One Note in Tech Preview?

Is Microsoft building One Note into Windows 10?? It's showing in the Start "blocks", so...?

Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    It didn't automatically set up on mine, first screen opened mentioned Preview. I'm guessing since Microsoft made it available free they just included it on the install.

Thanks
    I went back and tried again. This time, although I may have been "hurrying", it needed me to log into my Microsoft account.

That is the one part of the process that is aggravating. If one could have "double" accounts, or some simpler way to switch, maybe it wouldn't be such a bother. Ah well...

Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    it needed me to log into my Microsoft account.

That is the one part of the process that is aggravating. If one could have "double" accounts, or some simpler way to switch, maybe it wouldn't be such a bother. Ah well...
    What's the advantage of switching to a local account?

Bruce

Thanks
    Bruce I have never been very confident of Hotmail security, and my MS account is through Hotmail. Also, I have, as we probably all do, TONS of stuff in my local account. To transfer it all and then reconcile setup conflicts is a less than appealing idea to me. And then of course there is the idea of e-mail addresses and how they are attached to any given logon. If I had an option for a Microsoft account that was not Hotmail, then perhaps...

And then there's the blinking login name. Just a foible of mine, perhaps, but I don't like having CharlesBillow@hotmail.com as a login name. I have a Hotmail account, never use it, but then, which is CWBillow@hotmail.com. But I can't use that because CWBillow is already in use -- no kidding. Then I thought I could set up a separate Hotmail account, like CWBillow-HM (or MS, or...) But then I haven't worked myself up to setting all that up.

I suppose that if I were just starting out, it wouldn't seem quite so onerous. But I am far past the point where a quick "identity change" is possible.

I have found that I don't have to disconnect and reconnect between my local and Hotmail accounts -- at least not so far as gaining access to OneNote, and, I suspect, the other MS offerings. All I had to do was set up the separate account and log in/out as needed. The only issue then is sharing data files if needed, but OneDrive might be able to solve that one for me.

Chuck
    Last edited by CWBillow; 2015-03-28 at 22:49. Reason: additions

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    Bruce I have never been very confident of Hotmail security, and my MS account is through Hotmail. ... If I had an option for a Microsoft account that was not Hotmail, then perhaps...
    I don't see why security of a Hotmail account would be different from any other Microsoft account.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Have, absolutely, no idea. Will be interesting to see what answer Chuck gives.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42439

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Chuck,

Sorry, I don't follow your reasoning or rational. You would not have to moving heaps of stuff if using a MS Acc't. There no particular security concern w/ a Hotmail address. If one does not care to use Netplwiz, instead of writing in P/W can use PIN or Photo log-ins.

Oh & yes, OneNote is now available as a Universal APP. So even if one does not have Office or Office 365

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42440
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-03-29 at 15:22.