Lounger
    Thanks

Use SDHC card for Win 8.1 File History

I recently got a new ASUS Zenbook with Win 8.1 and it has a SD card reader in it. The machine only has a 128 GB internal SSD, so I wanted to store my "File History" (which I guess Win8.1 uses instead of back-ups) on a 32GB SDHC card formatted as Fat32. It seems fine, 700 MB of files have been stored, but every day or so the "Windows Action Center" in the taskbar comes up with a notification that there is a problem with the D Drive, which is the SD card. When I open the center and click on the notice it says it scans and repairs the drive.
    My question is two-fold: Is it unwise to be using an SD card for this use? Would it work properly if the drive was formatted as NTFS instead?

Thanks.
    Mike
    I can always use good information

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    An SDHC card should work as a card in the slot can also be used by Windows ReadyBoost to gain the effect of adding more RAM. What I'd look at is Control Panel, Power Options, disable turning off USB ports to save power. Yes, the SD slot is part of the USB controller.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Berton For This Useful Post:

mricks01 (2015-03-29)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    An SDHC card should work as a card in the slot can also be used by Windows ReadyBoost to gain the effect of adding more RAM. What I'd look at is Control Panel, Power Options, disable turning off USB ports to save power. Yes, the SD slot is part of the USB controller.
    Thanks, Berton. I have tried your suggestion and will see if it solves the problem (it is somewhat intermittent so it may take a few days)
    On the ReadyBoost suggestion, I looked at that, but Windows says "this device cannot be used for ReadyBoost. ReadyBoost is not enabled because this computer is fast enough that RadyBoost is unlikely to provide additional benefit."
    Mike
    I can always use good information