5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2007 archiving

At the office I volunteer at they use Outlook 2007 and are having major slow performance along with the computer freezing while using Outlook. I'm going there today to investigate what's going on and one of the things I want to look into is whether or not their emails are being archived. They have a Microsoft Office 2007 for Dummies book so I'm counting on that book to help me out. However what I'm wondering about is how to access archived email especially for the Inbox & Sent Items folders.

They have umpteen emails from the beginning of time. And from what I'm reading right now at http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/830119 the Calendar, Tasks, Journal, Sent Items and Deleted Items folders are automatically archived according to their default aging periods. Is it worth deleting archived contents of those folders except for the Sent Items folder?

I'm just beginning to read that article but it appears to me I'll have to check each folder for whatever archiving properties apply to each one of them.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well that went well. Archiving was the answer as well as deleting a number of unnecessary emails.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You could have given us a chance to respond.

cheers, Paul

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2015-04-02)