New Lounger
    Thanks

10049 Install Stuck At 70% For 21 Hours Now

Used standard update procedure (Windows Update, Fast Ring). Seemed to be cruising for the first few hours other than a short stall at 30%. But the install has been hung at seventy for nearly a full day. I'm afraid I know the answer, but is it even possibly safe to interrupt the install at this point and start over?

Thanks
    "That's why it's called TESTING", because all versions won't work on all Computers.

I have 9926 installed and running great on an old Dell laptop, with an Intel cpu.
    I just tried to do a Clean install of 10049 to the same PC and the install, went through the setting of the WiFi, and after that went to a white screen, that seemed like it would never come back.

I could only suspect it's a video driver problem. Well, anyway I restored a Backup copy of 9926 and all's well again.

Now I'm going to try a Clean Install of 10049 to a somewhat newer HP laptop with an AMD cpu, and see what happens.
    That is, just as soon as Ghost is done backing up 10041 on that little lappy.

Still TESTING!!!
    Last edited by DrWho; 2015-04-03 at 11:26.
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

Banned Member
    Thanks
    No, no harm, no foul. Use the 9926 ISO & get that up & running. Set it to Fast track. Look for 10049 via WU. And proceed from there, that way.

This would be my current suggestion.

Be different if was 'sitting' @ 100%. Just quit & redo.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42507
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-04-03 at 17:04.