Banned Member
    Thanks

'Repaired' FYI Update

Well, I was fed up so, broke down & did a Refresh. Considered Sys Restore but, no previous RPs. Everything is, now, as should be or back to normal. Spartan works, Search works, even the Show hidden icons arrow is working.

The only weird thing I have found now, so far, relates exclusively to this Forum. It is fine w/ IE. W/ Spartan, cannot type in it... no cursor in compose or reply windows, cannot type. does everything, shows everything, just cannot type in it. Just this Forum not, other places.

Anyway, glad the Refresh has done such a lot of good! I do want to muck about w/ Spartan. Sure true about Favorites Bar!! Yuck, that, really, does need more work; including Open in New Tab & Open in New Window...both are absent.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42509

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    Well, I was fed up so, broke down & did a Refresh. Considered Sys Restore but, no previous RPs. Everything is, now, as should be or back to normal. Spartan works, Search works, even the Show hidden icons arrow is working.

The only weird thing I have found now, so far, relates exclusively to this Forum. It is fine w/ IE. W/ Spartan, cannot type in it... no cursor in compose or reply windows, cannot type. does everything, shows everything, just cannot type in it. Just this Forum not, other places.

Anyway, glad the Refresh has done such a lot of good! I do want to muck about w/ Spartan. Sure true about Favorites Bar!! Yuck, that, really, does need more work; including Open in New Tab & Open in New Window...both are absent.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42509
    I have no trouble posting here with Spartan.

Jerry

Banned Member
    Thanks
    That's good. Everyone doesn't always have or see the same behavior. Some have one issue, some another. Surely it will all sort itself, soon. @ least, we hope, anyway.

A while since the Refresh & Show hidden icons arrow does nothing, again. The other things are, still, ok.

And, Spartan has gone back to not working, again. Tryies to open & then, poof, disappears, again.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42511

Thanks
    Sounds like you have a seriously corrupted install. A VM install is a little trickier than a hard disk install.

Jerry

Banned Member
    Thanks
    You made me laugh, Jerry. Yes, something is sick somewhere, agreed. Going to need something a bit more extreme than Refresh. Kinda waiting for the 10049 ISO. Considering Recycle, too. But, that's the beauty of VMs, too. No biggie to chuck 'em & build another one.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42520

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry, hello.
    I am on EI to get to you. In Spartan, when reading a post, I only see a : "Reply with quote", no Reply by itself. Do you see both In Spartan ? Be good. Jean.

I got to Spartan to try again and see if I could see the "Reply", not there. Also, the Edit was missing. To get this Edit going, I had to get back to IE.

Again, be good. Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2015-04-04 at 09:15.

Thanks
    Not sure what's happening. When I log out, in Spartan I only see Reply with quote like you do. When I log in, I see all the reply options. Must be something with Moderator privileges. While logged in I switched to the Win skin and everything is still OK so its not a skin issue.

Jerry

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Jean, Jerry,

Even before & w/out Spartan, never saw all the controls in here until or unless signed-in.

When Spartan was working, I couldn't type in here w/ it... did everything else but, type. Could type in other Forums. But, in one it wouldn't backspace or something didn't work quite correctly or fully. Spartan was damn fast when it did work albeit, however, briefly. But, I don't want to go out of a limb, too much, right now. Few things are unsettling @ the moment... will probably Build anew once the 10049 ISO is available.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42527

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Gee, Jerry. I think that you do point to my fault. >>> When I log in <<<. This ought to be the bone as I remember. Going bak to Spartan to try. This was it, Jerry. I am on Spartan now and after logging-in, here I see : Edit and Reply. doing an edit at the moment. Seems to work !

On the Acer, I had to do a full scratch install of 10041, going towards 10049, not there yet. I had to remove the vidcard, I know for sure that the Acer will not run 100% with the ATI that I slipped in. I have another vidcard incoming.
    At the moment it runs but the resolution leaves a lot to be desired, usable though.

Further news : I got 10041 installed and running, did a few installs on it then I did a clone. After this, I got to WU and the Acer is now getting 10049, I will then get all my apps re-installed then again do a clone. These are neck savers.

Now, I have to re-install all my personal apps. All best wishes. Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2015-04-04 at 19:25.