New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 2000 Pro SP4 backup on old laptop

OOps, sorry. Wrong thread. I will repost this on the Maintenance thread.

I am trying to create an image backup of a Windows 2000 Pro SP 4 installation on an old Toshiba laptop that has only 95 MB of RAM. It has a 4 GB internal hard drive (only about 1/3-rd full). I attach an external USB drive with a 150 GB partition for the image backup. The laptop is not connected to the internet for security reasons.

I tried using Acronis True Image Home 2009, booted from the CD. This resulted in an infinite loop (4-5 times anyway) of returning to the initial selection screen. I also tried installing Acronis on Win2K. This resulted in a message "……..unsupported platform…….". Reviewing the documentation on the CD reveals that Win2KProSP4 is supported but Acronis requires 128 MB of RAM.

So, does anyone have a recommendation for backup software that will run on my very old and restricted Toshiba? I need to preserve this machine because it runs old software/hardware that has no current equivalent and has not been updated since Win2K days.
    Last edited by kitaplic; 2015-04-03 at 18:15. Reason: Wrong thread

Thanks
    Try Macrium; better if you can get an older version, but the newest version is a worthwhile attempt.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.