New Lounger
    Thanks

Has anyone seen this type of error before?

I can be using almost any program and about once a week this pops up any ideas what it is?

Thank you
    Kevin
    Untitled.jpg

Thanks
    I'm old school, my first guess is that item B was trying to use a piece of memory already in use by item A. What happened after you restarted, and only used the particular software involving wintv8.exe [no audio/video multitasking]?
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

jwoods
    I would check the Event Logs for more details...

Control Panel > Adminstrative Tools > Event Viewer.

Click on the Custom Views folder to expand it, and click on Administrative Events to see Warnings, Errors, and Critical Events.

Thanks
    Control panel->Programs and features->Uninstall WinTV8

Reinstall using a known source.

jwoods
    The application is for watching, pausing and recording live TV on your Windows PC, according to Hauppauge Computer Works, who is the vendor.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_wintv8.html

Thanks
    That type of error is typically a driver issue, and can usually be resolved by uninstall/reinstall of the software.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I get this error quite often when I close my Virtualbox session after I've had it opened for longer then normal. I've been ignoring the error since it has not caused my VM any harm. It does mess up the arrangements of my VM desktop icons though, so I usually log off before turning of my VM. When I run task manager, I notice that the VM usually takes around 100M when you first launch it but it can reach a size well over 1G and then I know that I will definitely have such an error (usually after 300M I get worried). I suspect a memory leak issue with Virtualbox. It could be such an issue with your application too.
    Last edited by lylejk; 2015-04-05 at 14:18.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Everyone, I have received this error when using various programs about once a week. I reboot and everything seems fine for several days and then it pops up when using firefox, quicken, Eudora, almost any program on my machine. Next time it happens, I will check event viewer and post the information here. Thanjk you for the suggestions. Also all drivers are up to date and software version of programs.

Thanks
    Hi Irishman1

As it appears to affect more than one program have a try at this and let us know how you get on.
    Last edited by Browni; 2015-04-06 at 22:40.