3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't get latest Flashplayer update

This is the first time I've ever had this problem. I have Win 7 64bit HP, IE 9 and am trying to get the latest Flashplayer update. All goes as usual until I get to the point where it asks me if I want to "save" the download for the update (not "run" as the instructions indicate), but this has never caused a problem in the past. Anyway when I click the save, it immediately says "unable to download . . .". Anyone have any ideas or perhaps the same problem? I currently have the 16.0.0.305 Flash update. According to Adobe I should be using 17.0.0.134. I did the update to Firefox with no problem at all. I have automatic updates for Flashplayer turned off and only do manual updates.

jwoods
    I was able to save it to my hard drive for IE and FF when I downloaded it from Adobe here...

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try this link instead, save the flashplayer installer to your drive, and run it from there:

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/fla...ribution3.html

This is for UK installation, but no reason why it should not work over there.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks jwoods but the same exact thing happened. I get as far as Step 2 and it won't download the update or whatever it is.

Thanks JohnFleming but I got the message "This page unavailable" using the link you gave.

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by CEScott View Post
    Thanks jwoods but the same exact thing happened. I get as far as Step 2 and it won't download the update or whatever it is.

Thanks JohnFleming but I got the message "This page unavailable" using the link you gave.
    Interesting...I was able to get to the page JohnFleming posted.

I would suggest trying another browser, and also upgrading to IE 11.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try the download for IE in FF and use the link for Need Flash for a different computer to see if it will install then.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, by playing Sherlock Holmes on Google I was finally able to get my IE 9 updated to 17.0.0.134. Whew! I really hope I don't have to go through that again. Thanks Sudo15, if I do have the problem again I'll give that a try. The day may come when I have to upgrade IE, but I won't go to 11, I'll go to 10 first. I'm seeing too many problems with Ver. 11 on Win 7. Firefox is my main browser anyway, so I'll see how things work out. Thanks again to all of you for your help.

jwoods
    Glad to hear you got it working.

However, even though you don't "use" IE, it is an embedded part of Windows. Using an outdated version exposes you to security issues that have been fixed in IE 11.

BTW, I personally have been using it (as well as Firefox) since the beginning on 2 different Win7 64-bit systems, and have not had any issues.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    While you haven't said how you managed to get it to install, sometimes you have to uninstall the old version first which is something else to bear in mind if you have any future problems.