5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Subsequent documents don't open on top

On one of my Win7 computers, when a I open a document (Word or Excel) after having another one already open, the subsequent document opens underneath the one Im working on

On my other Win7 computer opening a subsequent document opens on top and Id like the same to happen on the other computer

How can I do that?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    "On one of my Win7 computers, when a I open a document (Word or Excel) after having another one already open, the subsequent document opens underneath the one I’m working on"
    --- I should have said this was something recently new

Over the weekend I found a recommendation that pressing the ESC key works and it did but I just considered it a workaround

This morning I did my Windows Updates (Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them) but this time I also included the Optional Windows Updates

Since then my documents open on top like they used to

OK I also should have mentioned that I am still using Microsoft Office 2000 along with the Compatibility Pack for the Office 2007 Office System
    --- There were some Office 2007 Windows Updates in my list; I don't recall whether or not they were in the Optional Updates, but I'm fine now
    --- So this issue is resolved

Although the issue is resolved, the actual fix isn't known
    1. Using the ESC method
    2. Important Windows Updates
    3. Optional Windows Updates
    But if I ever run into the situation again, I'll take the time to evaluate the result of each procedure
    Last edited by cmptrgy; 2015-04-17 at 00:15.