2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Watching netflix w/apple tv, it keeps dropping network/signal, sometimes for rest of the night..

Hi folks, I'm sitting in Key West in a very nice rental. ISP is comcast and speedtest measures signal at 10/15 Mbps down. On my pc, running Win 7, it drops signal regularly, I have discovered that if I disconnect network (which says I'm still connected, although little icon lower right, shows I'm not) and then reconnect it comes right back, sometimes for 5 minutes and sometimes for 5 hours, I can live with that as a work around...... But, I have hooked up my apple tv, to the smart tv's mdmi and go to netflix, all is well, I choose a movie and it plays fine, then it stops, as if buffering but now, most times for the rest of the evening. My pc says the network is still alive, the router, a little Netgear, plugged directly into an outlet, stays green. Apple tv stays frozen, as if it is buffering but in this case it will not allow me to back out, go back to settings and restart, which worked the first few times. I don't know if it's Apple tv, comcast, the smart tv as all say they're OK. Needless to say, I am going nuts trying to figure out what to do, without screwing up the rental's system. I will be here for another 3 weeks and have hoped to use netflix and hbogo in the late evenings. Please help, WS Lounge has always come through in the past, thank you, Stan R
    If this should be on another forum, I apologize.

jwoods
    Item number 6 in this Apple TV troubleshooting article links Apple TV lockups to overheating...

http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/tu...s/appletv-fix/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

rubinontheroad (2015-04-10)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    jwoods, thanks, I read the page and have tried their suggestions. I'll reply later today or tomorrow and let you know what happens. Thanks again....Stan

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    jwoods, still some issues but no freeze ups, I can back out and come in again. Thanks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This issue is solved, thanks.

Thanks
    Others may be interested in HOW you solved this.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(