New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Outlook Connector

I have installed a programme called Microsoft Hotmail Outlook Connector into my Microsoft Office 2007 Outlook Email programme what is its purpose? Before I started using Windows 7 I used 3 Email address's 1 Hotmail, 1 Gmail, 1 Bigpond all were operated by Office Outlook 2003 in XP for many years without this Outlook Connector thing. Do I need it now?
    Col

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Some explanations about Outlook Connector:
    https://www.google.com/search?site=&....0.rymNnhkxPZc
    I haven't yet set Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013 up to access my Hotmail and Outlook.com accounts but looks like if I do I'll be revisiting the pages.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It's required to connect to Outlook.com from Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010 (but not 2013): Outlook Connector for Hotmail Accounts

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    You don't actually need the connector if you want to use POP to access the hotmail account. The use of Outlook connector frees you from knowing the server details for your account and you can use it with Outlook 2007 and 2010. I think it is included by default in Outlook 2013.

Server details for POP access can be found here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/w...ceive-from-app (open the link for apps that support POP3 and SMTP).
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjo1 View Post
    I have installed a programme called Microsoft Hotmail Outlook Connector into my Microsoft Office 2007 Outlook Email programme what is its purpose? Before I started using Windows 7 I used 3 Email address's 1 Hotmail, 1 Gmail, 1 Bigpond all were operated by Office Outlook 2003 in XP for many years without this Outlook Connector thing. Do I need it now?
    Col
    Thank you to all of you who responded to my Outlook Connector issue I uninstalled it and solved my problems, got rid of the Hotmail address as well.
    thanks again
    Col