Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Display a form from a different template (Word 2000 SR1a)

I have a template in my Word Startup folder containing a number of Forms.
    I have another template in my Templates folder which also contains some Forms.

If I want to display a form in the current template then I use the simple syntax

frmWhatever.Show

How can I do the same thing when the form is in a different template to the currently running procedure?

StuartR

Thanks

Re: Display a form from a different template (Word 2000 SR1a)

Hi Stuart,

You may want to ask your question in the VB/VBA group.

Your question is wayyyyy too broad for me to get a handle on what it is you are trying to do.

First, when you say "forms," I take it you mean UserForms.

You write about having a template in your Word startup folder (also known as a global template or Add-In). Let's call this "global.dot." You also write about having another template in your templates folder. Let's call this "Template1.dot." Then you discuss the current template. Let's call this "AttachedTemplate.dot."

I'm assuming that by "current template" you mean AttachedTemplate.dot. When you ask about how to show a form from a different template are we talking about Global.dot or Template1.dot?

You can't show a userform from Template1.dot unless you (1) attach it to your current document, or (2) load it as a global, or (3) reference it. I've now almost exhausted my knowledge of userforms but I hope that my questions / assumptions will help you in getting answers. I would suggest posting something about whether my assumptions are correct to help others who may be able to give you more information.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Display a form from a different template (Word 2000 SR1a)

I have reposted this - with an attempt at greater clarity - <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=vb&Number=102409>here</A> in the VBA forum.

StuartR