Thanks

Microsoft halts Windows 10 rollout for low-end Lumias after bricking reports

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...icking-reports

Reports of bricking when trying to roll back to Windows 8.1

Jerry

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

ruirib (2015-04-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Microsoft has released an updated recovery tool for Lumia 520/521 - see Lumia 520/521Devices Unusable After Using Windows Phone Recovery Tool: Please Read.

Joe

Thanks
    I have a 1520, but it is by no means a "spare" phone, and I wouldn't think of putting a beta on it. I can be patient.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    I too have a 1520. Given what I've seen about the current state of Win10 Mobile (or whatever Microsoft is calling it) there is no way I'd put it on my phone right now.

Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I went with 8.1 beta on my then work device and I regretted it almost immediately, with battery time reduced in half and frequent reboots. After a few months enduring the pain, I reset the phone and went to a stable version, which brought back "normal" battery life and stability.

This was a learning experience. I will never do it again, unless I can have a spare phone, just to play with the new OS version. As I don't have that now (my spare is a Lumia 800 which can only run WP 7.5), I will wait for the official release. That's ok too, WP 8.1 is quite reliable and stable.
    Rui
    -------
    R4