Thanks

BSOD w/ minimal install

This is a continuation from my previous problem in thread :

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...ame-time/page5
    I now have a minimal W7HP install w/ base drivers and windows updates to April. I had a problem w/ an update but they seem to be complete. I had installed only Acronis True Image 15 and the Intel Driver update utility when I had a couple of BSODs. These did not get a mem dump, checked and changed to minidump option. Today I had a BSOD w/ a minidump. I am attaching a Synaptics File collection and Driver View list in hopes someone can give me a little direction. I do notice several Acronis drivers. I will see if they are all needed, seems like a lot, imaging is its main function for me.

Attached Files Attached Files
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Wavy,

I had a recurring problem last year on a new computer, with recurring BSOD's. I had set my backup program (EaseUS 4.0.0.2 free) to record to a 2nd internal HD. Once I changed to an external USB HD - problem resolved.

Zig

jwoods
    I opened the dump file using NirSoft's BlueScreenView, and it shows that hidusb.sys is the culprit...

Blue Screen View Dump Analysis.jpg

Thanks

Zig
    I do not use the fancy stuff just imaging to an eSATA HDD manually. Does seem to be too many drivers from Acronis for that purpose.

j
    I saw that but I am not convinced that just because a driver is on the top of that list that it is the cuprit and not just an innocent bystander And a MS driver at that.

I would like to see another crash dump (well I would rather Not actually) for comparison.

PS
    I did not mention it in the last post but during the several month I have been T/S ing this I have done the mem86 + test for a 24 + hour period and run Driver Verifier w/o out a Verifier fault.

And just did Chkdsk on both drives negative and sfc no faults..

PPS
    IIRC I was using event viewer when this occurred. I had problems w/ that before but it does not give me any clues.

Last edited by wavy; 2015-04-20 at 17:26. Reason: pps
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by wavy View Post

j
    I saw that but I am not convinced that just because a driver is on the top of that list that it is the cuprit and not just an innocent bystander And a MS driver at that.

You might be surprised...

https://www.google.com/search?q=hidu...s+causing+bsod

Thanks
    Hi David.

Looks like Acronis (maybe the Non Stop Backup Service specifically?) running interference, also some crashes from ChipUtil (Intel Updater or CPUID, looking at your installed software list), uninstall all 3rd party software (I might already have mentioned them all!) and then get Windows Update running and check you have everything fully updated (211 installed updates suggests there can't be that many left to install).

Acronis, amongst a number of others, does have something of a history of messing with WU.

Reinstall Acronis but steer clear of activating anything automatic on the System drive (manually clone it weekly?) and try only running incremental backups via Task Scheduler on the data drive once you have a base image created for it - and then only when you're not doing anything else for a while - shutdown the Services for it manually once done. After a couple of weeks without a BSOD or WU problem, you can try tweaking Acronis further.

Is the disabled driver in Device Manager the BigFoot? Is it also disabled in the BIOS?

Thanks
    Ok I will look, no time right now. 6 months now I am appreciating my company's preference for swaptonics, But that does come back to bite one

On that matter only 6 days left
    Last edited by wavy; 2015-04-22 at 17:33. Reason: ps
    David