2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Explorer 11 won't allow search

Realtor.com is a real estate website that I use to search for listings in particular towns. Within the past week it has stopped searching.
    The webpage opens. The space to put the town I want to search is there. I put the town's name it, click the magnifying glass or press enter and the space returns to directions to insert the name of the town but never searches. It works in Firefox. Why won't it work in Internet Explorer 11? What's the fix?

jwoods
    I just did a search on realtor.com by zip code using IE 11, (which is fully patched) and it worked.

Did you make any recent changes to IE 11?

If not, try clearing your cookies and temp files.

If that does not work, try disabling add-ons, one at a time.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for your help. I did all the things you suggested and still have the problem. I was able to contact the customer support at Realtor.com. They advised all the things you advised and then told me that Realtor.com doesn't work very well on Internet Explorer. They also got the ribbon across the top of the page that told them they needed to update their version of IE. The agent told me that, like me, he had the most recent version and he was getting the ribbon, too. As rich and powerful as the National Association of Realtors is, it looks like they could get a website that worked. Guess not.

jwoods
    Interesting...

I didn't get any warning about updating IE (they will need to wait for Windows 10 to ship, I guess).

A little surprising that a site that large would admit to "not working very well on IE 11"...earlier versions I could understand.

Seems they have some work to do on their website.

Thanks
    During the past six months or so I have seen many customers who were having problems accessing certain websites with IE. In most cases turning off SSL3.0 in IE's Advanced settings helped.

Control Panel\Internet Options "Advanced" tab, scroll down to the "Security" section, un-tick any SSL checkboxes, click "Apply".
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Fixed it

I went through all the steps. Still didn't work. I uninstalled office and reinstalled it. At the same time Adobe Acrobat wouldn't attach pdf to email. As a last resort, I did a system restore to April 10 and started over with the Windows updates installing them one by one and checking to see if IE and Adobe still worked. They worked through all the installed updates. I was unable to install nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 and declined the Skype installation. By the process of elimination I'm guessing that NVidia was causing the problem.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you. See my post below. I did check and SSL3.0 and 2.0 were unchecked.